Monday, January 31, 2011

Rattlesnake Roundup

Yep, the title explains it all. I went to the Rattlesnake Roundup this past weekend. Around 24,999 other people decided to go too. Man, that place was packed! And to think, all those people were there to see rattlesnakes, or to people watch, I'll never know. I don't care for snakes, no matter how big or small. But, I went with my bff and her five children because I haven't been since I was a child. All I remember from the rattlesnake roundup is that men would "milk" the snakes and then drink their venom in orange juice- To each his own. woof.

Those are real rattlesnakes, not the ones that were being 'round up' but instead at a reptile show.  


Oh wait, you haven't been introduced to this beautiful lady, this is my bff, Aimee. She's holding a rattlesnake head key chain. It even had "venom" dripping from the fangs. eh hem gross.


These three, sweet girls are O, E, and M. 
I had them facing the sun when I took the picture, smart, right?


And since I don't do snakes of any kind I opted for a more furry creature; a bunny in the petting zoo.


                 Oh, and don't worry, roo was safe at his Mamacat's and Jimdaddy's house.

2 comments:

  1. Roo loves it at our house. He was not amused you were at some snake pit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. strike rattler strike! put some venom in em'!

    ReplyDelete