Sunday, May 8, 2011

word to my motha('s day)

I have a pretty awesome mama- as many others would claim they do, too- but i'd like to make the argument that mine's the best. She's loving, caring, giving, and a menagerie of other warm adjectives. And don't think i'm doing this post because i want extra Christmas presents or money because this post can could be confused as, a 'sucking up' post. (I already know I'm her favorite, I see it in her eyes.)
But ya know, she makes all of her children and granddogs feel like the favorite 
(except for my sister's dog, goose, ha!) 
That's why I love her.
(my mama- not my sister's dog, goose- although i do love him, i digress)
It's the unconditional, unbiased love that she shows to each of us that makes us (my brother, older sister, and little sister) feel like we are her favorite.

Mama's in the kitchen today cooking a mother's day meal for us.  
Ham, lima beans, field peas, sweet potatoes, and yeast rolls. 
Yep, you read that right, cooking on what should be a holiday for her.

Here's a pic of me and my mama.
Apalachicola, Fl. Spring 2011

here's a picture taken a year ago, on mother's day, actually. 
(it coincidentally features "the least favorite" granddog- see why he's the least favorite? he's an animal, literally!) 
and with that being said, here's a word to my motha:

happy mother's day, mama! 
roo and I love you so much and wouldn't know what to do or where'd we be- without you!

<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness - I am flabbergasted - a post about me? Wow... you are right - I love each and every one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting post. I'm not sure if it's more about my brilliant, fantastic, special, BEAUTIFUL,toy sharing, Sweet, intelligent, playful, exuberant, curious, loving, friendly dog goose or mother's day.

    ReplyDelete